|.customer sign in.|
|Page added in October, 2015|
Are you clueless about what you must do to become a successful guitar teacher? If so, you are not alone. Most guitar teachers struggle to achieve any significant level of success. In order to push yourself above the rest and succeed it is important to look at how other people (in different fields) achieve their success. For instance, in the Olympics only a select few are able to win medals, while everyone else trains for years at a time but goes home with nothing. These athletes do not succeed by mistake, they simply have something special that everyone else does not have.|
When it comes to building a successful guitar teaching business, the scenario is quite similar. While there are thousands of people around the world who try to start teaching business, there is only a fraction of them who are able to succeed at it (earning tons of money and transforming their students in the process). Everyone else tries to become successful but fails to achieve any significant results. Personally, I have experience in both scenarios. I began as a small-time guitar teacher (twenty five years ago) and have since become the leader in online guitar lessons and guitar instructor mentor.
Nearly all guitar teachers who are having a hard time building successful businesses think the following: “Guitar teachers who are really successful know more about music or have special guitar teaching knowledge”. Although there is certainly some truth to this, these things are not the only things required for achieving massive success in your guitar teaching business. Over the past 25 years or so I've spent teaching guitar, I've learned what sets apart the small fraction of highly successful guitar teachers from all other teachers. The crucial element needed for becoming a highly successful teacher has to do with how solid your foundation is for your guitar teaching business (this is not related to your musical skills or teaching knowledge).
Obviously you must always work on becoming a more effective guitar teacher. The real difference between highly successful guitar teachers and mediocre ones is this: Those who are unable to succeed at a high level spend most of their time working on the everyday tasks of 'teaching lessons', while the most successful spend their time working on their business (not just 'in' it). So just like two Olympic athletes, they can both compete in an event and have almost identical ability – only to end up with drastically different results in terms of their success.
The elements that build the foundation for all successful guitar teaching businesses include developing a unique niche, building effective referral systems, enforcing a solid teaching policy, understanding the process behind 'consistently' getting new 'serious' students, forging win/win partnerships and much more (you can get the full list by downloading this free resource about how to make money in a guitar teaching business). The bottom line is most guitar instructors either completely ignore these things or don't work hard enough on them to build their business and become the number one teacher in their area.
If you can identify with this, I've got good news for you:
1. 'It's not as hard as you might think' to alter your current methods for running your guitar teaching business. It simply takes dedication to get things going (while the work itself is not very difficult). Whenever I train a new guitar teacher to become more successful, he/she is shocked to learn that the steps to take for thriving as a guitar teacher are very easy to follow.
2. You will receive huge benefits from doing this both for your guitar teaching business and your guitar students.
Here is how developing a strong foundation for your guitar instruction business will help you take the next step and become a successful guitar teacher:
Your Students Will Refer Their Friends To YouOne of the greatest things about having serious guitar students is getting a lot more referrals from them (compared to how many you'll get from average students). It's likely that your most dedicated and serious students already know other guitarists who are also serious about getting better (and are looking for the best local guitar lessons). After they see that their friend is taking lessons with you and is making progress, they will see you as the best option when choosing a new teacher.
You Will Help Your Students Get Massive Results In Less TimeHere is why this will happen:
1. Once you take action to expand your guitar teaching business by developing a solid foundation, you will attract tons of serious students. These students will feel much more inspired to improve their playing and do everything you tell them to do in your lessons. This will lead them to make tons of progress fast. Your other guitar students will notice this and feel inspired to achieve great results too (in many cases this will happen without them even being aware of it).
2. Once you begin expanding your guitar teaching business and start making a good income, you will find it much easier to help your students improve their skills in new and creative ways that you would never be able to do if you weren't making much money from teaching (like the majority of guitar teachers).
You Will Naturally Begin Taking In More Of The 'Right' StudentsEvery guitar teacher want to work with students who are highly enthusiastic, practice on their own, take learning seriously and make quick progress. These kinds of students are very enjoyable to teach, however, the majority of guitar teachers are never able to find and teach these types of players. To consistently attract these kinds of students to your guitar teaching business, you must make your business cater to these specific types of people. You will do this by developing the things I mentioned above.
You Will Make Much More Money Teaching GuitarYou will make A LOT of money teaching guitar once you begin treating your lessons like a 'business' and invest the time into building the foundation that is required for it to run smoothly. Additionally, when you do this, you won't have to work 40 hours a week (in fact, you can work much less than full time). With this in mind, you'll need to do many things that most guitar teachers don't do. Find out what these things are by studying this free eBook on how to earn money as a guitar teacher.
You Will Keep Your Guitar Students For Years At A TimeIn addition to working on your general guitar teaching ability, when you treat your guitar teaching business seriously and begin attracting more serious clients, you will be able to KEEP these people as students for much longer periods of time. This happens because guitar students who are serious are more likely to study with you longer on their own AND finding innovative ways to build up the motivation of your students to keep working with you is one of the main core elements of any successful guitar teaching business.
Now that you are aware of the difference between the guitar teachers who have great success and the ones who struggle, you must decide which group you want to associate yourself with. If you are ready to take the next step and become a serious, highly successful guitar teacher, this is what you must do:
1. Study this free resource on how to earn money as a guitar teacher to learn how to build a strong foundation for your guitar teaching business.
2. Arrange time every week to work on building your guitar teaching business as a whole rather than investing all your time into merely preparing lessons, thinking about what to teach the students coming in today, etc.
3. Follow the same path as the athletes who win in the Olympics by finding a coach who will train you to become successful in your guitar teaching business so you can beat out any local competition. Your coach will not simply name the actions to take and assume you'll do it on your own, he will hold you personally responsible for your progress and guide you ever step of the way.
When you follow the steps above you will put yourself on a whole new level above all the local teachers in your area and achieve more success in your teaching business than ever before.
Get your free eBook on how to earn money as a guitar teacher.
|Home | RSS | iTunes | T-shirts | Search|
|Card Cyber Museum | Contact Us | Content Index|
|Copyright © 1996-2013 Guitar Nine All Rights Reserved|
|Any redistribution of information found at this site is prohibited|